- Iron and Wine - The Shepherd's Dog - Pagan Angel and the Borrowed Car
- The New Pornographers - Challengers - My Rights Versus Yours/All the Old Showstoppers
- Gentleman Jesse and His Men - S/T - Highland Crawler/Black Hole
- The Decemberists - The Perfect Crime #2 EP - (The Perfect Crime #2.5.1)
- Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary - Shine A Light
- Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha - Fiery Crash
- Neutral Milk Hotel - In an Aeroplane Over the Sea - Holland, 1945/Communist Daughter
- Gruff Rhys - Candylion - This is Just the Beginning/Candylion/Court of King Arthur
- The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible - No Cars Go/My Body is a Cage
Sight for Sore Eyes Benefit - Saturday, August 2 - The Earl
Atlanta's favorite musicians, performers, and businesses are coming together at The Earl for A Sight For Sore Eyes: A Benefit for Krystal Woods. You're probably wondering why Krystal needs this benefit. Krystal has a degenerative eye condition known as karatoconus, which means her corneas are deteriorating to such an extreme that within the year she will be completely blind. The only way she can be helped is with complete cornea replacements ringing up at $10,000 per eye. Like many of us, Krystal doesn't have health insurance so she applied for Medicaid, but was denied and told that basically she was not blind enough nor poor enough to qualify.
The Selmanaires, The Preakness, DJ Dookie Platters, DJ Chris Devoe, and other special guests have come together to put on the best show of 2008. And there'll be a bad-ass raffle with donations by all your favorite Atlanta spots. (Check out the fundraiser's Myspace page for more specifics.)
If you can't make it to this fantastic experience, you can still help! Bond Community Credit Union located in the heart of Little Five Points has an account set up for Krystal, so take a few minutes to stop in, tell them you want to donate to "A Sight For Sore Eyes" or to Krystal Woods, and it's that easy! You have helped a girl gain sight.
But if you still can't do that, stop by Aurora Coffee in Little Five Points between August 9th and the 31st, and check out the silent auction of your favorite local artists' work. All proceeds will go to Krystal Woods. If you're an artist interested in donating a piece, or if you have any questions, please contact the fundraiser's organizers at Sight4SoreEyes@gmail.com.